Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Travel plus

Today I am writing you to describe the past three days in the life of a traveling simpleton, me. On January 29th, I arrived at Philadelphia International an hour ahead of schedule. Having already checked two bags and waited for five hours of layover, I flew into London, England on the 30th. I arrived at 8 am and waited with many of my peers for 11 hours until the next flight to Kenya would depart. Let's just say it's been a long three days and I'm seriously tired. After discovering that my large luggage/checked bag had been badly torn, I felt as though my luck was only getting worse. Boy was I wrong.

Kilimanjaro Bush Camp is all that it has been talked up to being. So far, all I have seen is a small herd of giraffe and zebra, as well as a resident troop of baboons amongst the bandas(our houses) and even that is enough to be rewarding. Though I have only had 3-5 hours of sleep total on this journey, I am happily informing you that my trip has been going great. The people are awesome and Africa is a dream come true. Living the dream baby, living the dream.

And it's Monday...

bro tip #1544
whenever you think about giving up, think about why you've kept going for this long.

-Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment