Sunday, March 25, 2012

From Manyara to Mac N' Cheese



Hamjambo all!

Hope everyone had a fantastic SB2012. Mine seemed pretty similar to the rest of the semester. We're just finishing up final assignments before we have the exam and get the show on the road.

Yesterday we went to Karatu town for our non-program day and man I was feelin good. I got almost everything I wanted, made new connections for stuff in the town, and got to eat mac n cheese and a burger with fries. I also had a skirt made for Taylor and it cost me like $4 USD. So of course I decided to make a hoodie as well out of a thicker shuka. Hope that turns out okay too. Just a few more things and then I'll be done with souvenir shopping.

Excited for everything to happen. Ready to come home but also lovin it here. Honestly everything I miss just involves the people, so I need to be sure to bring some of you along next time. I suggest saving up now...

bro tip #1740
at least once in your life, have a job you don't do for the money.

Swahili Word of the Day is kupata which means "to get"

Ulipata hiki wapi?
(Where did you get this[object]?)

Tutaonana marafiki

-Ian

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ian... don't be in too big of a hurry to get home or you'll miss something. Really impressed with the pictures you have been taking. Do you expect to link up with a tribe in Tanzania as well ?? Interested in the differences in cultures. Enjoy.. Dad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, there are a bunch of tribe here in Tanzania including the Maasai. The homestay tribe this time around will be the Iraqw tribe. Hope they let us herd cattle this time. We'll see, it's not all that different except for the abundance of agriculture vs pastoralism and the change in color from red, red red to blue, blue, blue.

      -Ian

      Delete