Saturday, March 17, 2012

Midterms and Maasai Music Videos

 Hamjambo marafiki!

So this will be my last blog entry in Kenya. Kinda bittersweet, it'll be cool to have a change of scenery, but I'll miss the staff. They are such good people, definitely some of the best in the world.

Just a few announcements. First off, Happy St. Patrick's Day! Been listenin' to "Rocky Road to Dublin" all day. Second, congratulations to Keela Kennedy. She's gonna be goin to East Africa in the fall of 2012. SFS will definitely love to have ya.

As for me, nothing has really been happening. Just a lot of exams and gettin' ready to leave. Grades look pretty good to all those concerned *ahem MOM*. Talked to Dad today on Facebook chat and things are apparently going well. Shout out to my brother Tim for a pretty good rowing season so far. Proud of ya bro. Davidson lost(HA!) and so did Duke which screwed me on my March Madness bracket. But as long as the Buckeyes win tonight I'll be happy.Went on a last hike yesterday, and it was beautiful. Got some cool pictures, but I figured you'd like the baby giraffe we saw on the way there a bit better. Also learned how to throw a spear today so... I am now a certified weapon. (At least at close range :P)

Hopin for safe travels in a couple days

Swahili Word of the Day is...... actually a song title

See if you guys can get it. The hint is that it is related to "Oh Brother, Where Art Thou" which I have just been obsessing over lately.

Mimi ni mtu mara kwa mara huzuni

Tutaonana!

-Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment