Thursday, March 15, 2012

Twende marafiki yangu


 Well, it's almost time to go to Tanzania. Exciting stuff is ahead. Trying to figure out how to fit all my souvenirs/ new stuff in my suitcase with the clothes. Also thinking about everything I did here, what I'm gonna do in Tanzania, and when I get home. Startin to get sentimental around here. I'm turning 20 in like four days. I've been on Earth for two decades. I know that's like nothing, but my parents have been parenting for 20 years. Props to them. Love you guys.

Oh and I have a few things on my wishlist for my birthday. Maybe a set of work gloves, a set of walkie talkies, money, a bigger knife, a cowboy/cool safari hat, and... Dre Beats headphones. Not a requirement, just maybe give it some thought ;).

Here are a few good pictures, images of Kenya to reflect on. It's a really beautiful place, and I plan on comin' back in the next 5-7 years for sure.


Swahili Word of the Day is kuenda which means "to go".

Nilienda Tanzania.

Tutaonana
-Ian

2 comments:

  1. THIS IS AN EARLY "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" CAN NOT BELIEVE IT'S BEEN 20 YEARS ESP. SINCE I STILL FEEL 52!!!!!!! HOPE TANZANIA IS AS EXCITING AS KENYA. HAVE TOLD EVERYONE ABOUT YOUR ADVENTURES & PICTURES. STILL LAUGHING ABOUT YESTERDAY'S POSTING. LOVE, AUNT FRANCES & UNCLE SAM GOING TO WATCH DAVIDSON NOW! FA

    ReplyDelete
  2. 20 ?? You sure ?? Definitely been fun watching you grow up into such a fine young man. You have always been comfortable with who you are which is pointed out in a number of your pictures from the trip. We'll take note of your list of gifts and see what we can do. Am concerned about your bag for the trip home so you might want to be on the lookout for a replacement. Still can't get over that lion in the tree.

    ReplyDelete