Thursday, March 22, 2012

Mimi ni Mirishi na ishirini

Hamjambo marafiki yangu

Sorry I haven't blogged in a while but here the internet is super crappy.

Anyways, We arrived in Tanzania on my birthday. I loved all the birthday wishes. It was a pretty intense moment at the border, everyone was sad to leave the staff of KBC behind. There were quite a few tears shed, and even I almost cried. We met our new SAM Whitney and some more of the staff on the drive here. Tanzania is absolutely beautiful because of all the green rolling hills.We arrived at camp, and I am super satisfied with the facility. The food is good, the buildings are nice, our bathrooms are in our bandas, but the internet is definitely worse than I expected. No big deal, I'll just enjoy my surroundings more.

The past couple of days, we've been hanging out in Lake Manyara National Park. The wildlife is stunning.
We had to observe the behavior of the olive baboons in the park for one exercise, and I found it fascinating. I think it would have been more interesting if it were a longer term thing, but thats just me.

Time is whizzing by here and I'll probably be leaving Africa before I even remember I'm in Tanzania. Directed Research will probably fly by, but I hope to enjoy every minute I'm here.

Swahili Word of the Day is jikoni which means "kitchen"

bro tip #1729
the average person sleeps away a third of their life. don't be average.

-Ian

1 comment:

  1. GLAD TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!!!!!! FIGURED IT WAS AN INTERNET PROBLEM. THAT JUST YOU GIVES YOU MORE TIME TO ENJOY THE ENVIRONMENT. NOW WE KNOW WHAT OLIVE BABOONS LOOK LIKE. HAVE A GREAT TIME! LOVE THE A'S

    ReplyDelete