Friday, February 10, 2012

The Lion King and more


  Habari za asubuhi!
I hope all of you at home are doing well. I haven't written in a few days so that I could come up with events to write about. We went on a field lecture and I took a few pics of the local kids. I was happy that I could speak with them in Swahili and I appreciated their liveliness so much. Yesterday, we watched the Lion King and boy, it never gets old. Its SO punny I think it's ridiculous.

Today we went to a nearby boarding school to meet the students. It was fun talking to the guys about America and what my favorite soccer team was(don't have one..). I also thoroughly enjoyed shooting baskets with them on their dirt court. They asked me if I was married and how many girlfriends/wives I had. It's really a funny notion, plus it's fun to watch all the girls get asked out or for their numbers. Those African men sure love the pretty muzungu women.

Classes are going well and today I had my Reflection, Announcements, and Presentation(RAP). I reflected on the things that made me laugh about today and asked a few other people to share their funny stories. Amazing how laughter brings people together. My presentation was of course on CCI and everybody found it super interesting. Glad I was able to spread the word; I even showed them "oofing", which I was super nervous about.

Anyways, the Swahili word of the day is Kucheka which means "to laugh"
Tutaonana everyone!
-Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment