Thursday, February 2, 2012

"my cup of joy is overflowing!"-Moses Okello

So today I don't have any good pictures, I'm sorry to say. Once classes start up tomorrow, I'm sure I'll get some. Plus there's a nature walk tomorrow before breakfast. I'm gonna use this entry to ask people what they wanna hear about. I'm not sure if you'd rather see pictures or written entries. Try and comment too, I'm pretty bad at telling stories and if you want to hear details either comment on the post or send me a facebook message.

Today was a very good day, as usual. We had our first Swahili lesson today as well as going over our research case study. I've never been more pumped for school (including kindergarten). The problem is a very exciting one, wildlife human conflict is really different from this perspective. Americans have no idea how ignorant we are. Guess that just how well taken care of we are.

We also played soccer again today. That plus push ups has me sorer than even rowing did. I can barely move. Working out will not be a problem. The food is delicious, the people are still awesome. By the end of this trip I'm gonna be such a more well rounded person, and I can't wait. I am thinking about all of you at home and I hope things are going well.

-Ian

Tutaonana!

4 comments:

  1. I want to learn a new Swahili word each day. Guessing tutaonana means "Geez Kristen, Blake and Brooke, you must be tough since you play soccer." I am jealous. Enjoy!
    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy reading about your day so please keep up your written entries. Some pictures too now and then to give us back home some perspective. Be safe, work hard, have fun and remember, stay clear of rabid puppies.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. IAN, YOUR NOTES BRIGHTEN OUR DAY AND THE PICTURE IS AMAZING. GLAD YOU ARE HAVING SUCH A FULFILLING EXPERIENCE. LOOKING FORWARD TO MORE INFO & PICTURES. LOVE AUNT FRANCES & UNCLE SAM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the feedback everyone. Sorry I missed yesterday's entry Dad, I just didn't have the energy. Swahili words of the day are very doable. Tutaonana means "see you later". Kinda thinkin that could be a sign off of some sort.

    ReplyDelete